Master of Education - At-Risk Children and Youth: Program Goals
Goucher Programs in Education Outcomes
- GPE001: Knowledge - Theory: Apply knowledge of psychological and educational theory, research, and/or philosophy related to the area of specialization or certification.
- GPE002: Knowledge - Assessments: Demonstrate understanding and use of the types of assessments appropriate to the area of specialization or certification.
- GPE003: Knowledge - Purpose: Identify the purpose of education in society, and be able to analyze why things happen in the educational community and/or in the political community that surrounds education.
- GPE004: Knowledge - Diversity: Demonstrate knowledge of concepts related to diversity, and the interaction between concepts related to diversity and the area of specialization or certification.
- GPE005: Skills - Theory: Demonstrate the ability to incorporate theory and research into practice related to the area of specialization.
- GPE006: Skills - Data: Demonstrate the ability to gather appropriate data and use data in problem analysis and decision-making related to the area of specialization.
- GPE007: Skills - Problem Solving: Use problem solving/critical thinking strategies appropriate to the area of specialization.
- GPE008: Skills - Reflection: Use reflective practice within the area of specialization.
- GPE009: Skills - Communication: Demonstrate effective communication and presentation skills related to the area of specialization.
- GPE010: Skills - Technology: Use a variety of technologies appropriate for working in the area of specialization.
- GPE011: Dispositions - Service: Demonstrate service to the community.
- GPE012: Dispositions - Diversity: Demonstrate positive dispositions toward diversity and equity.
- GPE013: Dispositions - Professionalism: Demonstrate professionalism in one’s demeanor, behavior, conduct, decision-making, and interactions with colleagues.
Master of Education - At-Risk Children and Youth Outcomes
- MEDATRISK001: Identification: Evaluate differing perspectives of identifying at-risk children/youth.
- MEDATRISK002: Forces and Developmental Periods: Explain the extent and manner in which biological, psychological, social, and environmental forces affect at-risk children/youth during different developmental periods.
- MEDATRISK003: Prevention and Resilience: Explain how to develop environments that prevent children/youth from becoming at risk and help them develop resilience.
- MEDATRISK004: Characteristics: Recognize the psychological and social characteristics of resilient children and youth.
- MEDATRISK005: Prevention and Intervention: Correlate the differing perspectives of causality to prevention and intervention programs/strategies for at-risk students.
- MEDATRISK006: Controlling Stress: Relate the role of defense mechanisms and coping strategies in controlling student and youth stress.
- MEDATRISK007: Psychological and Social Dynamics: Analyze the psychological and social dynamics related to specific at-risk student problems.
- MEDATRISK008: Psychological and Social Intervention: Analyze psychological and social intervention strategies/programs that may help in the development of student resilience in schools.
- MEDATRISK009: Social Skills Intervention: Implement a social skills intervention strategy that can assist in the development of student resilience.
- MEDATRISK010: Restructuring Environment: Demonstrate techniques/strategies to restructure the classroom environment to meet the needs of at-risk children.
Maryland Technology Standards
- MDTECH001: Standard 1, Information Access, Evaluation, Processing and Application: Access, evaluate and process information efficiently and effectively. Apply information accurately and appropriately.
- MDTECH002: Standard 2, Communication: Use technology to exchange information and interact electronically effectively and appropriately with others. Use technology effectively and appropriately to communicate information in a variety of formats.
- MDTECH003: Standard 3, Legal, Social, and Ethical Issues: Demonstrate an understanding of the legal, social, and ethical issues related to technology.
- MDTECH004: Standard 4, Assessment for Administration and Instruction: Use information technologies to analyze problems and develop solutions.
- MDTECH005: Standard 5, Integrating Technology into the Curriculum and Instruction: Design, implement and assess learning experiences that incorporate technology in the delivery of a curriculum-related instructional activity. Design, implement and assess learning experiences that incorporate student use of technology to support inquiry, problem solving, communication, and/or collaboration.
- MDTECH006: Standard 6, Assistive Technology: Understand human, equity, and development issues surrounding the use of assistive technology to enhance student learning performance and apply that understanding to practice.
- MDTECH007: Standard 7, Professional Growth: Analyze the use of emerging technologies to improve teaching and learning. Develop habits of mind that support continual learning and professional growth in technology.
Link to Curriculum Map (Courses mapped to Program Goals)