Master of Fine Arts in Creative Nonfiction: Curriculum Map
|CNF 601: Mentorship I||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|CNF 602: Mentorship II||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|CNF 603: Mentorship III||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|CNF 604: Mentorship IV||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|CNF 610: Internship||Yes|
|CNF 620: Workshop I||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|CNF 623: Workshop II||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|CNF 626: Workshop III||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|CNF 630: Workshop IV||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
- Students will learn good writing skills by:
- Mastering skills based on accuracy and facts.
- Using techniques employed by fiction writers to make nonfiction more creative and readable, while adhering closely to the facts. Such tools may include but are not limited to the use of dialogue scenes, and character development. Students will learn that, how something is said is almost as important as what is said.
- Critiquing fellow students’ nonfiction writing samples.
- Critiquing assigned nonfiction writing samples.
- Reading a set of exemplary creative nonfiction sample writings.