Master of Arts in Cultural Sustainability: Curriculum Maps
|CSP 600: Introduction to Cultural Sustainability||Yes||Yes|
|CSP 605: Cultural Policy||Yes||Yes|
|CSP 610: Introduction to Cultural Documentation||Yes||Yes|
|CSP 610F: Introduction to Cultural Documentation- Field Lab||Yes||Yes|
|CSP 615: Cultural Partnership||Yes||Yes|
|CSP 618: Cultural Sustainability Theory||Yes||Yes|
|CSP 620: Food and Foodways||Yes||Yes|
|CSP 625: Festivals, Events, and Performances||Yes||Yes|
|CSP 626: Nonprofit Leadership and Management||Yes||Yes|
|CSP 628: Principles of Cultural Mediation||Yes||Yes|
|CSP 630: Community and Economic Development||Yes||Yes|
|CSP 635: Interpretive Planning and Project Management||Yes||Yes|
|CSP 638: Native Language Preservation||Yes||Yes|
|CSP 640: Exhibits, Real and Virtual||Yes||Yes|
|CSP 642: Culture and Calamity||Yes|
|CSP 645: Advanced Cultural Documentation and Archival Management||Yes||Yes|
|CSP 648: Making Museums Relevant||Yes||Yes|
|CSP 650: Organizing Communities: Advocacy, Activism, and Social Justice||Yes||Yes|
|CSP 653: Topics and Issues in Cultural Sustainability||Yes||Yes|
|CSP 660: Oral History||Yes||Yes|
|CSP 665: Arts and Social Change||Yes||Yes|
|CSP 670: Ethnographic Methodologies (AB&C)||Yes||Yes|
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Research, demonstrate and apply knowledge of cultural practices and contemporary issues pertaining to cultural sustainability which contribute to human and ecological well-being.
- Exhibit professional and ethical responsibility in managing partnerships that foster community self-determination and empower community efforts in cultural documentation, preservation, revitalization and social equity.
- Design, undertake and critique cultural documentation field projects applying diverse research methods such as observation, writing, photography, video, and/or sound recording to identify and nurture traditions of knowledge and practice that are meaningful and valued by communities.
- Devise, implement and evaluate actions that support cultural sustainability such as educational programs, exhibitions, performances, workshops, projects, media productions, websites, festivals and other initiatives that align with community practices.
- Identify and demonstrate a range of professional management skills that contribute to organizational sustainability such as financial skills, communications, and leadership through collaboration, teamwork, and consensus building.
- Identify strategies for cultivating a professional network of practitioners and organizations in support of a community of practice.