Welcome to the Institutional Effectiveness Website
The Office of Institutional Effectiveness serves as an official data source and a major vehicle for gathering and delivering evidence of institutional success and accountability for the College. The office provides analytical services to inform planning, decision-making, student retention and success, assessment and accreditation at a variety of organizational levels while maintaining reporting requirements for government agencies and other external organizations.
The IE Office supports Goucher's success and growth by:
- Applying research-based methods to solve significant educational issues facing the institution
- Promoting best practices for student success
- Fostering an institutional culture of evidence-based decision making
- Maintaining and developing relationships with external constituencies that further Goucher's leadership in liberal arts and global education
- Increase the efficiency and effectiveness of accessing institutional trend information.
- Produce accurate, concise and timely management information to support effective institutional planning and decision-making.
- Organize and facilitate the College's participation in national benchmarking surveys involving students, faculty and staff.
- Analyze, interpret, and share survey findings with constituencies to foster a culture of evidence-based decision making.
- Provide professional level consulting services to administrative and academic departments as they develop strategies to assess and enhance departmental and institutional effectiveness.
- Contribute to effective campus policy-making or modification through at least two research projects each academic year
Please use the menu on the left to access the latest demographic information, research projects, and other useful resources.