Students can install CAChe on their personal computers. The instructions are below:
- Download the zip file using the link at the bottom of this page and save it to your desktop.
- Unzip this file by double clicking it.
- After it expands, open the folder titled cache_for_students.
- Open the folder titled student_cache.
- Open the folder titled cache_windows.
- Double-click the Setup program.
- Click the Next button. You will then be prompted to locate the license file.
- Click the Browse button and use the dialogue box to navigate one folder up. Click the One Level Up icon, and select the file titled PcWorksystemProLicense.
- Click the Next button twice and pass through two screens. At the second screen, please enter your personal information and press the Next button .
- Use the Next button to advance through any addition screens without changing any other options until you see the Finish button.
- Click the Finish button and the install will begin.
Congratulations! Now you’ve installed CAChe on a Windows computer. The CAChe applications and utilities can be found under CAChe in the Start Menu.
- There is not currently a version of CAChe that works with Windows Vista or Mac OS X. If this changes, this page will be updated
- The primary application is called Workspace. In Goucher College labs, this is often renamed CAChe for ease of use.
- When CAChe opens, a small application called CalcMgr will open in the background. If CalcMgr is closed CAChe will NOT function properly and will need to be relaunched.
- To address any issues students have regarding their classwork or the best methods of using CAChe for Biology or Chemistry, they should contact their professor or instructor.
- When downloading the software. you will be prompted for a username and password, please enter GCADMIN\username and your password.
Download:Download CAChe - Computer-aided Chemistry Modeling Software on Windows (ZIP)