Coming to campus and forgot to bring your laptop? Is your laptop in the shop? Through a generous gift from Margaret Warden G'66, the college is able to offer laptops for circulation to members of the Goucher community - current students, staff, and faculty. There is a self-service Kiosk with 12 laptops located in the Athenaeum 3rd floor living room area - across from the entrance to the library. Borrowers must have a current Goucher ID card to access the laptops.
Borrowing Policies for all users:
Laptops can be checked out for a maximum of 6 hours at no charge. If laptops are not returned within the 6-hour lending period, a fine will accrue at the rate of $10 per hour - to be charged in hourly increments, not portions of an hour (if you are 1 minute or 59 minutes late, your fine will be $10). Fines will accrue to a maximum of $100. Devices will be deactivated and locked to prevent borrowers from continued usage after being overdue by 10 hours. Each time you borrow a laptop, you must agree to the College's Computer Use Policy by signing on the Kiosk screen after scanning your card. A camera is installed in the Kiosk for your safety so that no one else can log in with your ID card. Faculty may not check out laptops for students. Everyone must use his or her own ID card. No files/data will be saved on the laptops. Laptops will be recharged and wiped of all changes each time they are returned to the Kiosk. Plan to save to cloud storage or USB drive.
Laptop Configurations and Software: These laptops are configured with the same software available in the Information Commons and do not require a login.
Information Technology offers iPad minis to faculty/staff and students to borrow. We can not guarantee that iPads will be charged; however, iPads are issued with chargers. Please plan accordingly.
- Can check out 1 iPad with charger free for 5 days from the Library Service Desk
- Can renew in person for another 5 days once before return is mandatory
- iPads will not be accepted for return without charger
- Overdue fees will apply
- If damaged or lost, fees of $250 will be charged to the student account
- Will be considered stolen after 7 days overdue
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange appointment to pick up iPads and sign borrowing agreement
- A OneCard is required to complete the borrowing agreement
- Can borrow multiple iPads for up to the entirety of the semester
- Must provide departmental budget code to be charged only if equipment is returned late, broken, or not returned at all