- How do I create a webpage?
- What will the address to my site be?
- How do I access my web folder on Meyerhoff from on-campus?
- How do I access my web folder on Meyerhoff from off-campus?
- How do I access my web folder on a Mac?
The ability to create web pages is provided to all students, faculty, staff, and departments.
If a student, faculty, or staff would like to create a personal web page, he/she needs to contact the Help Desk. Once the request is received, a directory is created on the Meyerhoff system that hosts the college’s web pages. Web pages, images, documents, and files can be stored in this directory to create a personal web page.
Departments who are interested in creating and maintaining a web page should contact the Webmaster (at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410.337.6527).
Anyone requesting web space must follow the appropriate use guidelines that can be found in the Computer Use Policy. Click here to review this policy.
Web addresses for the following groups will be:
You can access your folder from any computer that has Internet access and FrontPage by performing the following:
- Open FrontPage and click on the File menu.
- Click on Open Site (or Open Web if using version 2000/2002).
- Type in the Site Name field http://faculty.goucher.edu/ or http://staff.goucher.edu/ or http://students.goucher.edu/ and click Open.
- A dialog box will appear asking for your username and password. Type gcadmin\ in the username field and then your password. (NOTE: this is the same login information that you would use to access your email on Outlook Web Access).
The index.htm will already be created for you with a message that states your site is under construction. You can make changes to the main page but it must be named index.htm or any variation of that (ie, index.html).
Using Other Editors:
You can access your folder by using any computer on campus and clicking on the Start Menu --> Run and then type in the Open field: \\Meyerhoff\Faculty_web\, \\Meyerhoff\Staff_web\ or \\Meyerhoff\Students_web\.
The index.htm has already been created for you with a message that states your site is under construction. You can make changes to the main page but it must be named index.htm or any variation of that (ie, index.html).
NOTE: FrontPage Users: Connection to the Goucher is not necessary. Simply launch FrontPage and follow the instructions for How to access Meyerhoff web folders on-campus.
In order to access your Meyerhoff web folder from off-campus you will first need to connect to the Goucher network through dialup or Virtual Private Network (VPN). Click here to find out more information and download instructions on how to setup either connection.
Once the connection has been created then you will need to create a shortcut to the Meyerhoff folder. Follow the instructions below:
- To open My Network Places, click on the Start menu, and then click My Computer.
- Under Other Places, click My Network Places.
- Under Network Tasks, click Add a network place.
- The Add Network Place Wizard appears. Click Next to continue.
- Select Choose another network location and then click Next.
- In the Internet or network address field type the following path:
Then click Next.
- Type a name for the Network Place in the field provided then click Next.
- Click Finish to exit. A window will appear displaying the contents of the shortcut you just created in your Network Place.
From now on, once you have connected to the Goucher network you will be able to access your files quicker through My Network Places.
To connect to Meyerhoff on a Mac simply click the Meyerhoff shortcut on the desktop.
In order to access your Meyerhoff web folder from off-campus you will first need to connect to the Goucher network through dialup or Virtual Private Network (VPN). Click here to find out more information and download instructions on how to setup either connection. The instructions also show how to connect to Meyerhoff.