- While in Outlook, click on the Deleted Items folder to display its contents.
- Find the message you want to retrieve and click on it.
- While holding the mouse button, drag the message so that it is over the Inbox folder and then release the mouse button.
Your message has now been moved to the Inbox folder.
If you have emptied your Deleted Items folder and need to recover a message, follow these steps:
- Select the Deleted Items folder by clicking on it once to highlight.
- Click on the Tools menu and then select Recover Deleted Items.
- A dialog box will appear with a list of deleted items sorted by the Deleted On date. In this view, you have three options: Select All, Recover Selected Items and Purge (permanently delete) Selected Items.
- Once you have made your selection(s), close the dialog box by clicking on the X in the upper right hand corner. The messages that you selected to recover will appear in the Deleted Items folder. Note: It may take a few minutes for the messages to appear.
If you have permanently deleted emails and you need them to be restored, please contact the helpdesk at x6322 or firstname.lastname@example.org