Cable Television is provided to residential students through the following methods:
XFINITY Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) is a wired/wireless service that delivers streaming TV in high-quality directly to student devices.
- You will need to use Xfinity TV if your room does not have a coax connection to the wall.
- Additionally, not all rooms have wired Ethernet ports. In turn, you must use a wireless connection as the alternative. You will be pleased with either the wired Ethernet or wireless connections, as they both provide great video quality.
Cable Television services (coax cable) are provided in many common areas and residence halls. Most students prefer using Method 1 (Xfinity TV).
- Cable television connections are not provided for all rooms.
How do I use XFINITY On Campus IPTV?
- Students provide their own cable ready televisions and coax cable (if available in room) for a connection to their TV.
- Students connect to Xfinity via a laptop/desktop and plug an HDMI cable/etc. into back of their TV.
- Students purchase an AppleTV and stream Xfinity from their mobile device to their TV.
Tips: You can purchase a coax cable at any major electronics retailer or at the Goucher College Bookstore. Students can receive upgraded programming like HBO and other options through XFINITY TV mobile/online application/website. Also remember, not all rooms have Coaxial connection, please use Xfinity TV on web or mobile device.
Also, please feel free to use your Smart TV to connect to the GoucherMultimedia Wireless Network for all of your additional programming such as Netflix, Hulu, etc. Email email@example.com from your Goucher email address to request the passcode for the GoucherMultimedia Wireless Network.
Questions or problems with Cable Television Services should be reported to the Help Desk.