Registering the MAC address of your game system
The college has upgraded the Campus Manager software to allow students to register their own game systems. The registration system has to see the unregistered 'mac address' before you can try to register through the web page. Please plug in your game console into the network outlet and try to launch an online game (so that the console tries to communicate with the network and the Campus Manager registration system will see it). You can then disconnect the game console, plug in your computer and go to the website to register your game console.
Go to http://registration.goucher.edu on your computer and select the option to register a game system. You will need to fill in some information including user name and mac address of the game system. Please let us know if you experience any problems.Xbox
- Turn on your Xbox console with no game disc in the disc tray.
- From the Xbox Dashboard, choose Xbox Live.
- From the Connect Status screen, select Settings.
- The MAC address is the 12-digit number at the bottom-right corner of the Network Settings screen.
- Go to the System area of the Xbox Dashboard and select Network Settings.
- Select Edit Settings.
- From Additional Settings, select Advanced Settings.
- At the bottom of this screen you'll see a heading called Wired MAC Address
- Power up the PlayStation 2 and load the Network Adaptor Startup Disk.
- Once it has loaded, Press X to enter the ISP SETUP.
- The ISP SETUP will begin to load.
- Once the setup process has loaded press X to continue.
- After the network adapter has been found, press X to continue.
- Press X again to continue.
- If you already have a high-speed profile set up, select this profile and skip to step 12, otherwise continue with step 8.
- Select NEW and then press X to continue.
- Type a name for you ISP setting. This can be any name you would like to associate with this connection.
- When asked is you currently subscribe to an ISP service, select YES and press X to continue.
- For connection type, choose HIGH SPEED CONNECTION (CABLE OR DSL) and press X to continue.
- Select AUTOMATIC SETTINGS and press X to continue.
- When asked if your ISP requires a User ID and Password, select NO and press X to continue.
- When asked if your Internet Service Provider requires you to input a DHCP Host Name, select NO, Unplug your ethernet cord from the PS2*, and press X to continue (Unplugging your ethernet cord from the PS2 will cause the test to fail, you want this to happen so you can get the PS2 to display your MAC address.)
- Wait while your network connection is tested. The network connection test will fail. Do not press X or Triangle. Press Select to see the error message.
- The Network Adapter / MAC address will be displayed. The address is a combination of 12 numbers and letters.
- Remove the network adapter from the GameCube.
- Printed on the underside of the GameCube will be the MAC address of the adapter. It is a string of 12 letters and numbers. Copy this down, and replace the adapter.
To connect your Wii system to the Internet, we recommend that you purchase an Ethernet adapter for you Wii system and then connect it to the Internet using an Ethernet network cable plugged in from the network outlet on the wall. Once you obtain the Ethernet adapter for your Wii system please bring it to the IT helpdesk or email the MAC address of the adapter to the IT helpdesk to register the adapter into the Campus Manager system for it to connect properly to the network.