If, on the other hand, you would rather go right to medical school, there's a way to do that, too. Goucher has linkage agreements with highly selective medical schools that enable you to apply early and go straight from our program to theirs. We currently have linkages with the following schools:
- Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania (NEW!)
- University of Chicago, Pritzker School of Medicine
- The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
- George Washington University School of Medicine
- Stony Brook University School of Medicine
- Weill Cornell Medical College
- Hofstra North Shore - LIJ School of Medicine
- University of Maryland School of Medicine
- University of Michigan Medical School
- University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
Each year, these medical schools will accept a limited number of qualified students from the Goucher Post-Baccalaureate Premedical Program into their schools. This eliminates the glide year between the completion of the Goucher program and the beginning of medical school. In a typical year, approximately one-third of the class will opt to apply to one of our linkage schools.
You should understand that an early application is regarded as a commitment to attend if accepted, so you can only apply to one of these schools—but the linkage program can be a great way to put your medical education and career on the fast track.
|< Glide Year||Goucher and Baltimore >|