We provide students with business mastery for application in creative, social, environmental and triple bottom line organizations.
Academic Requirements:Courses are conducted both online and in a low-residency format face-to-face, reaching an international audience and allowing you to work and pursue the degree regardless of your location. In addition, our limited residency sessions will provide face-to-face interaction and fieldwork with faculty and other students in the program twice a year in January and late July.
Students build a portfolio of work that draws on their management courses as well as from their choice of coursework from Goucher's other professional master's degree programs, including cultural sustainability, digital arts, or environmental studies. This work culminates in a capstone project that reflects the students' business acumen applied to a specific context.
- Required Courses
- Elective Courses (allows each student to specialize in the area of his or her choice)
MA in Management from Goucher College will provide you with:
- a strategic understanding of the key functions of business: management, marketing, accounting, economics, and strategic planning;
- the ability to identify and assess the internal and external factors and their potential impact on the organization;
- the ability to assess the impact of structures, systems, and decisions on the organization's ability to achieve its strategic objectives; an understanding of management and leadership styles and their impact on individual and organizational performance;
- knowledge of practices that contribute to the creation of an organizational culture and work environment that fosters employee motivation, morale, and ethical business practices; and the ability to effectively communicate ideas and concepts orally and in writing.