Apply online at the link below:
To be considered for admission, an applicant must submit the following:
- A completed application, including one copy of the essay and a nonrefundable $75 application fee made payable to Goucher College. Other information may be obtained by contacting the Welch Center for Graduate and Professional Studies at Goucher College at 800-697-4646.
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work sent directly by the college(s) or university(s) to the address below or by including official transcripts in the institution's sealed envelope with your application.
- Two letters of recommendation from people who know you well enough to give an informed opinion of your potential success in this program.
- Applications are accepted throughout the year for two entry points(Fall and Spring.)
Applications are accepted two times a year.
- Early Admissions Deadline - April 18: To receive an early decision and begin preparing for graduate school sooner
- Admissions Deadline - June 1: Last deadline to be considered for scholarships
- Late Admissions Deadline - June 18: Applications accepted until this date on a space available basis
- Early Admissions Deadline - September 18: To receive an early decision and begin preparing for graduate school sooner
- Admissions Deadline - October 18: Last deadline to be considered for scholarships
- Late Admissions Deadline - November 18: Applications accepted until this date on a space available basis
Interested in taking a class or two with us?
We accept qualified, non-degree seeking students (aka non-matriculated students) for up to 12 credits worth of coursework in the graduate Cultural Sustainability, Digital Arts, Environmental Studies or Management programs. Non-matriculating students are not eligible for a degree or financial aid.
To be considered for admission as a non-matriculating student, an applicant must submit the following:
- A completed, signed non-matriculating application/registration form (click here for the form)
- Unofficial transcript of undergraduate or graduate course work
All application materials should be forwarded to:
Master of Arts in Cultural Sustainability
Welch Center for Graduate and Professional Studies
1021 Dulaney Valley Road
Baltimore, Maryland 21204-2794
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), if applicable, should be completed online at fafsa.gov.
Acceptance to the program will be based on evaluation of your work experience, paid or volunteer; essay; letters of recommendation; and college or university transcripts. GRE scores are optional. The essay is extremely important, as it demonstrates your ability to clearly and concisely commit your ideas in writing. This is your opportunity to tell us about yourself.
Letters of acceptance are mailed within 4 weeks of the application deadline. Accepted students are required to submit the enrollment agreement along with a non-refundable $500 deposit. This deposit will be credited towards tuition charges for the following semester.
Goucher College is registered as a private institution with the Minnesota Office of Higher Education pursuant to sections 136A.61 to 135.71. Registration is not an endorsement of the institution. Credits earned at the institution may not transfer to all other institutions.