Goucher offers accelerated degree programs in which students can earn both a Bachelor of Arts degree and Master of Arts in five years. The following graduate programs are 4+1 eligible:
- M.A. in Cultural Sustainability
- M.A. in Digital Arts
- M.F.A. in Digital Arts (4+2)
- M.A. in Environmental Studies
- M.A. in Management
Through these programs, undergraduate students who have at least a 3.0 grade point average and have attained junior status may take up to nine graduate credits. These nine graduate credits apply to the 120 credits required for the bachelor's degree, as well as to the credits required for a master's degree. The 4+1 programs typically require two to three summers of coursework.
Students interested in pursuing a 4+1 degree program should complete these two simple steps to become a 4+1 student:
- Fill out and submit to your undergraduate advisor for signature the 4+1 Dual Degree B.A./M.A. approval form. Current Goucher undergraduate students do not need to request a transcript.
- Once signed by your undergraduate advisor, submit the form along with two letters of recommendation and the essay associated with your desired M.A. program. Digital Arts candidates must also submit a digital art portfolio. All required items should be submitted via email to Kathea Smith, Director of Admissions and Recruitment for the Welch Center for Graduate and Professional Studies. Items may also be dropped off at the Welch Center main office on the second floor of Julia Rogers.
When all required application materials are received, we will review your application and be in touch about next steps.