The Reading Instruction (Reading Teacher and Reading Specialist) cohort supports the county efforts to prepare literacy professionals who will provide leadership for the school reading program. The Reading Instruction cohort can lead to reading teacher endorsement (12 credits required) or reading specialist certification. The courses offered in the cohort can be applied toward either the M.Ed. with specialization in Reading Instruction or the Professional Development Certificate in Reading Instruction (for those who already possess a master's degree). Both of these programs are MSDE-approved programs for Reading Specialist certification.
A total of 15 credits will be offered as part of our cohort at a reduced tuition
- ED 625.200, Strategies and Resources in Teaching Reading
- ED 626.200, Diagnosis of Reading Difficulties
- ED 638.200, Seminar in Reading Intervention Strategies
- ED 639.200, Psychological and Linguistic Foundations of Reading
- ED 636.200, Overview of Reading Interventions and 647, Lindamood Bell OR
Orton Gillingham (both 1.5 credit courses)
For course and registration details, click here.