A total of 35-36 credit hours is required to complete the program. Students ordinarily complete 15 credit hours in five core courses, including:
- ED 601 Theories of Development: A Lifespan Perspective,
- ED 602 The Social and Psychological Forces Affecting Youth or ED 608 The Sociology of Education,
- ED 603 Personality Development and Self-Esteem,
- ED 604 Contemporary Issues in Education: A Look at the Twentieth Century, and
- ED 605 Research Methods.
Six credit hours in four clinical courses, including:
- ED 651 Values and ED 652 Mediation of Conflict
Additional 14 to 15 credit hours as follows:
- Three credits to be taken in an elective course and
- Three credits to be taken in a research seminar while implementing an action research project.
- Each student selects an area of specialization. The requirements for each are detailed in the areas of specializations.