Special Education for Certified Teachers
A need exists for regular education teachers to learn more about exceptionalities and how disabilities impact the acquisition of knowledge. Regular education certified teachers can gain the knowledge base, skills and dispositions to effectively teach students with disabilities. This cohort program is designed to address this need and teachers can obtain special education certification through Praxis assessment.
The courses are offered at a reduced tuition rate. All teachers will pay a $180.00 per 3 credits registration fee.
- AACPS will be billed for the courses at the current reimbursement rate ($750 for a 3 credit class). Those not eligible for tuition reimbursement will be billed $930 per 3 credit course.
- Participants are required to complete each course in the cohort with a grade of B or higher. (Any participant who does not complete the course or does not earn a grade of B or higher will be responsible for paying the tuition directly to Goucher College).
- Students who withdraw after the first class are subject to the withdrawal policies of Goucher College.
A total of 18 credits will be offered as part of our cohort at a reduced tuition
- ED 681.200, Curriculum Development for a Multicultural Society
- ED 686.200, Foundations of Special Education
- ED 688.200, Educational Assessment and Diagnosis of Students with Special Needs I
- ED 689.200, Educational Assessment and Diagnosis of Students with Special Needs II
- ED 690.200, Curriculum Design and Adaptations for Students with Special Needs I
- ED 691.200, Curriculum Design and Adaptations for Students with Special Needs II
How to Apply?
This cohort is available to the first 30 students to apply and be accepted. To apply, complete the cohort application/registration form and return it to the address below with a copy of your teacher certification, or a transcript from your most recently completed undergraduate or graduate course of study.
Graduate Programs in Education in the Welch Center
1021 Dulaney Valley Road, Baltimore, MD 21204
Ph: 410-337-6047 | Fax: 410-337-6085