The School Improvement Leadership cohort provides the needed knowledge and skills for participants who are working toward state certification for Administrator I. In addition, the courses can be applied toward either the M. Ed. with specialization in School Improvement Leadership or the Professional Development Certificate in School Improvement Leadership (both of which are MSDE-approved programs for Administrator I certification). The courses could also be applied to a professional development plan for 30 or 60 credits beyond a Master's degree.
The courses are offered at a reduced tuition rate. All teachers will pay a $180.00 per 3 credits registration fee.
- AACPS will be billed for the courses at the current reimbursement rate ($750 for a 3 credit class). Those not eligible for tuition reimbursement will be billed $930 per 3 credit course.
- Participants are required to complete each course in the cohort with a grade of B or higher. (Any participant who does not complete the course or does not earn a grade of B or higher will be responsible for paying the tuition directly to Goucher College).
- Students who withdraw after the first class are subject to the withdrawal policies of Goucher College.
If you need to customize this schedule to comply with your school system tuition reimbursement requirements, please contact Ava Norris at Ava.Norris@goucher.edu or 410-337-6488.
ED 646.200 (3 Credits)
ED 673.200 (3 Credits)
SIL: School Culture
Pre-requisite: ED 671
ED 674A.200 (1.5 Credits)
Practicum in School Improvement Leadership
Pre-requisite: ED 673
ED 681.200 (3 Credits)
Curriculum Development for a Multicultural Society
These credits will be offered as part of our cohort at a reduced tuition. The 18 credits include all the courses required for Administrator 1 certification by credit count for those with earned master's degrees.
- ED 671.200, School Improvement Leadership: A Theoretical Perspective (offered in spring, strongly recommended for year 1 cohort students because it is a pre-reqisite for ED 673)
- ED 681.200, Curriculum Development for a Multicultural Society (offered in fall, recommended for year 1 cohort students)
- ED 653.200, Supervision for Effective Instruction (offerend in spring, recommended for year 2 cohort students)
- ED 646.200, School Law (offered in summer and fall on campus, sometimes in spring on Saturdays in AACPS depending on number of students; recommended for year 1 or 2 cohort students)
- ED 673.200, School Culture (offerend in fall, recommended for year 2 cohort students who have completed ED 671)
- ED 674 A.200 and B.200, Practicum in School Improvement Leadership (2 semesters) (begins in fall, finishes in spring; available only to those who have completed or who are taking ED 673 at the same time)
How to Apply?
This cohort is available to the first 30 students to apply and be accepted. To apply, complete the cohort application/registration form and return it to the address below with a copy of your teacher certification, or a transcript from your most recently completed undergraduate or graduate course of study.
Graduate Programs in Education in the Welch Center
1021 Dulaney Valley Road, Baltimore, MD 21204
Ph: 410-337-6047 | Fax: 410-337-6085