Master of Arts in Digital Arts
The Master of Arts (MA) in Digital Arts program focuses on rapidly developing the most in-demand technological skills among its creative students. Students take coursework in management, web development, and creative electives to create a portfolio of work that will attract future employers from a wide variety of fields. Students work closely with faculty familiar with both technology and business while building a diverse network across disciplines. Our students are forming the technology culture of the future: while building connections with other creative professionals throughout the Digital Arts graduate programs, they also have the opportunity to work with students and faculty in the Management, Cultural Sustainability, Environmental Studies, and Creative Nonfiction programs.
- Required core courses (15 credits)
- Elective courses (15 credits)
- Capstone project (6 credits)
- 36 total credits
Required Core Courses
- DA520 Methods & Data Structures (3)
- DA615 Digital Media Programming (3)
- DA610 Media on the Internet (3)
- PMGT605 Digital Ethics and Intellectual Property (3)
- PMGT608 Principles of Project Management (3) OR DA618: Agile Software Development (3)
Elective credits may be satisfied through a combination of Digital Arts (DA) and Management (PMGT) courses. With permission of the academic director, electives from other Goucher graduate programs may also be applied towards the degree.