Financial Assistance for Maryland Students
Don't miss these financial opportunities at Goucher.
We know that affordability is an important part of your college decision. When you apply for all the state, federal, and other funds available to you, it gives you more options. We want you to attend college and leave with the least amount of debt possible.
Take advantage of these options:
- Howard P. Rawlings Guaranteed Access (GA) grant. A GA grant is for a graduating Maryland high school senior with a 2.5 GPA meeting certain income requirements. For 2017-18, the GA maximum award was $18,400.* *Funds may not be available to award all eligible students.
- Guaranteed Access Partnership Program (GAPP). Goucher and other independent Maryland colleges and universities are part of a partnership with the state. Goucher College provides a matching award for eligible students who receive a GA grant for four years of college.
- Scholarships and Grants. Scholarships are an excellent way to add to your financial aid. Like grants, they are "gift aid" which does not need to be repaid. Grants are usually based on financial need, and scholarships are based on merit or some other kind of eligibility requirement.
- The Federal Pell Grant. The Pell Grant is a grant from the federal government to undergraduate students with exceptional need. The Pell Grant does not have to repaid. For 2017-18, the Pell Grant maximum award was $5,920. Eligible students receive a specified amount of money each year along with institutional grants and scholarships.
- Federal Work Study (FWS). FWS funding (up to $2,000) may be available to students with demonstrated need. Goucher students are able to work on or off campus by the help of our Career Development Office (CDO).
- Maryland Scholars Program (MSP). Consideration for the program is available to first-generation Maryland residents from underserved socio-economic backgrounds who exhibit intellectual promise, motivation, and scholarship. In partnership with state funding, grants, and generous gifts, the program provides selected students with the opportunity to experience a liberal arts education they may not have otherwise been able to afford.
Goucher College wants you to succeed
We want to work with you, so you can afford to attend college and prepare yourself for the future.