In order to apply for financial aid, please complete and submit the following. Please note that if a student only wishes to be considered for federal aid they do not have to complete the CSS Profile.
1. Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- For federal and state aid consideration
- Available January 1
- Goucher's FAFSA code 002073
- We encourage filers to use the IRS Data Retrieval tool when completing their FAFSA
2. College Scholarship Service Financial Aid Profile (CSS Profile)
- For institutional aid consideration
- Available October 1
- http:// student.collegeboard.org/ css-financial-aid-profile
- Goucher's school code 5257.
- If the biological/adoptive parents are divorced, separated, or were never married and are living separately, the CSS Noncustodial Profile (NCP) may be required. The NCP is available on-line after the student has completed the CSS Profile.
3. Additional information such as citizenship documents or IRS Tax Transcripts may be required. If additional information is needed, the office will notify the student via email. Required documents may also be found on the Financial Aid Student Tracking System (FASTS) at www.goucher.edu/FASTS.
Priority Submission Dates
|Early Decision I
|Nov 15||Dec 1||Feb 1|
|Dec 1||Jan 10||Feb 1|
|Early Decision II
|Jan 15||Feb 1||Feb 1|
|Feb 1||Feb 1||Feb 1|
|Transfer||Apr 1||Apr 15||Mar 1 for Maryland residents,
Apr 15 for non-Maryland residents
Frequently Asked Questions
How is need-based financial aid awarded at Goucher College?
Financial aid is awarded on the basis of demonstrated need. A student's demonstrated need is determined by subtracting the family resources available for education (as defined by the Expected Family Contribution) from the cost of attendance for each year.
When will I receive my financial aid award notification?
Award notifications will be sent to the student shortly after they receive their offer of admission.
What is the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)?
The FAFSA is an online application that collects information to determine eligibility for federal and state aid. Please check with your individual state regarding their awarding process.
What is the CSS Profile?
The Profile is an online application that collects information used by certain colleges and scholarship programs to determine eligibility for institutional aid. The fee for the initial application, and one college or program report, is $25. Additional reports are $16.
Do I have to complete the CSS Profile to be considered for federal aid?
The CSS Profile is not required if a student only wishes to be considered for federal aid.
Do I have to complete the CSS Profile and FAFSA in order to be considered for a merit scholarship?
The CSS Profile and FAFSA are not required if a student only wishes to be considered for a merit scholarship. Students are automatically considered for a merit scholarship once they have been admitted to Goucher. The admissions committee determines merit scholarship recipients. Federal guidelines state that merit scholarships are considered as a source of financial aid and are therefore listed on the financial aid notification.
Can transfer students apply for financial aid?
Transfer students must complete the CSS Profile and FAFSA to be considered for financial aid.
Can international students apply for financial aid?
International students will be considered for institutional aid by completing the CSS Profile and the Certification of Finances. International students may not receive federal aid.
What if I have extenuating circumstances?
If your family has special financial circumstances that were not taken into account on your FAFSA and CSS Profile, you may qualify to have your financial need recalculated. For information on which types of circumstances qualify for recalculation, view the Professional Judgment Request Form on the financial aid forms section of the Goucher website.
What was the average freshman financial aid award for 2013-2014?
The average freshman financial aid award for 2013-2014 was $29,720.
Recognizing that no two families and their circumstances are alike, we will work with you and your family to identify and choose financing options that are appropriate for your specific needs.
Click here for the NASFAA Summary of Federal Aid that may be awarded.