Financial Aid Overview - Post-Baccalaureate Premedical Program
For a more detailed review of the information below, please click on the Post-Baccalaureate Premedical Students Award Guide located at http://www.goucher.edu/financial-aid/award-guides.
- Complete the 2017-2018 FAFSA electronically at www.fafsa.gov
- Be sure to list Goucher's federal school code: 002073
- Indicate your grade level on the FAFSA as 1st year graduate
- Activate your FASTS account and log in to review your "Documents" tab about a week after submitting your FAFSA
- Provided your FAFSA was received successfully, you should receive financial aid information from our office after processing
- Contact the Office of Student Financial Aid if you have any questions or issues
- If you intend to accept any federal student loans, then log in at studentloans.gov and complete Direct Loan Entrance Counseling and a Master Promissory Note (MPN)
- Federal aid - Direct Unsubsidized loan, Graduate PLUS loan
- Goucher scholarships - contact the program office for more information
- Maryland State aid - limited scholarships for MD residents
- Outside aid - scholarships or other tuition benefits
- Private education loans
- Each type of aid requires you to meet and maintain certain eligibility requirements.
Cost of Attendance
- Students may receive financial aid up to their Cost of Attendance (COA). The COA includes direct institutional charges (tuition and fees) and estimates of indirect expenses (room and board, transportation, books and supplies, and miscellaneous expenses).
- New and continuing students with complete applications will receive their financial aid notification beginning in May.
- Students will receive an email when their financial aid notification may be accessed on the Financial Aid Student Tracking System (FASTS). Students will need to log into FASTS to accept or decline their award(s).
- Depending on the award(s) accepted, additional documentation may be needed.
Billing and Refunds
- The first E-Bill for each semester will display financial aid as anticipated aid. Anticipated aid is replaced with actual aid after the last drop date of each semester if the aid has been accepted on FASTS and all required financial aid documents have been received and processed.
- Any remaining charges after all financial aid is applied must be paid by the E-Bill due date. If the student has a credit on their account they may request a refund.
- PLAN AHEAD - Refunds are not available until after the semester begins. Indirect expenses may need to be paid out of pocket until the refund is available.