Health Services Staff
Student Health Services has nurse practitioners, physicians and a registered nurse working together to provide you with health care. All health care providers are licensed, registered or certified depending on their particular discipline. This requires specific education and ensures that you receive the best possible care.
Several support staff such as our clinic coordinator, housekeeping and maintenance are vital elements in providing quality care.
The talents and caring of our clinical and support staff combine to provide you with health and wellness services tailored to the specific needs and concerns of college students.
While providing care when you are ill or injured is a very important aspect of what we do, we also want to help you develop the knowledge and skills necessary to make healthy lifestyle choices. We provide information and programming regarding many areas of concern to college students.
Director, Nurse Practitioner
Qualifications: R.N., B.S., C.R.N.P.
- Registered Nurse Diploma, Norwalk Hospital School of Nursing, Norwalk, CT.
- Undergraduate: Bachelor of Science Health Care Science, George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
- Advanced Education: Certification Family Nurse Practitioner, George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
- Graduate Education: Masters of Health Care Administration (in progress) Towson University, Towson, MD
- Certification: Certified Registered Adult Nurse Practitioner by the American Nurses Credentialing Committee Maryland Board of Nursing.
- Membership: American College Health Association, Mid Atlantic College Health Association, Nurse Practitioner Association of Maryland, International Critical Incidence Stress Foundation, American Heart Association, BLS, CPR instructor.
- Work Experience: Associate Director Student Health Services, Towson, MD. Nurse Practitioner Johns Hopkins University Student Health Center, Baltimore, MD. Nurse practitioner Baltimore Community College Student Health Services, MD. Nurse Practitioner Veterans Administration Hospital Emergency Room, East Orange, NJ. Nurse Consultant Pfizer Medical Systems, CT Division, Columbia, MD. Nurse Practitioner Johns Hopkins Hospital Primary Care Center, Baltimore, MD. RN Cardiology Dept., Cardiac Cath Lab, Yale University, New Haven, CT. RN - ICU/CCU/ER Yale New Haven Hospital, New Haven, CT.
Tammi Davis, MD
Family Physician, Medical Acupuncturist
- Undergraduate Education: B.S. in Biology, Temple University, Philadelphia
- Doctorate of Medicine (M.D.) University of Pennsylvania, School of Medicine
- Family Practice internship and residency: Medical Center of DE, Newark, DE
- Licensure: M.D. in Maryland, Registered Medical Acupuncturist in Maryland
- Membership: American Academy of Family Practice, America College Health Association
- Work Experience: Family physician currently providing clinical medical care at the Student Health Centers at Goucher College, Towson University, and Villa Julie College. Medical Acupuncture private practice in Owings Mills, MD. Occupational Medicine for Concentra Medical Group in Maryland. Primary Care practice with Northwest Primary Care Group in Reisterstown, MD. Primary Care Practice with Clinical Associates in Baltimore, Maryland. "On Line" Consultations for America's Doctor, Owings, Maryland
Qualifications: M.S.N., C.R.N.P.
- Undergraduate Education: B.A. in Psychology, Colby College, Waterville, ME.
- Advanced Education: Certified in Nursing, Yale University, MSN in Family Practice, concentration in Diabetes, Yale University, New Haven, CT.
- Certification, RN, CRNP in Maryland, Certified Family Nurse Practitioner by the American Nurses Credentialing Committee, Certified Diabetes Educator by American Association of Diabetes Educators.
- Membership: Nurse Practitioner Association of Maryland, American Academy of Nurse Practitioners, American Association of Diabetes Educators.
- Work Experience: Nurse Practitioner in private practice with Subhash Chaddha, M.D., Fairfield, CT; Nurse Practitioner Yale University Health Services, New Haven, CT; Staff Nurse/RN Hospital of Saint Raphael, New Haven, CT.
Brian Siegel, M.D.
Dr. Siegel is a psychiatrist and has been part of the Health Center since 2003. A native of Baltimore, he attended McDonogh School and then earned his BS degree in psychology at Duke University. He received his medical degree in 1982 from the University of Maryland at Baltimore, where he them completed his internship in pediatrics, residency in general psychiatry, and fellowship in child and adolescent psychiatry. He is board certified in both general and child psychiatry and has long held an appointment as Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Psychiatry at the Maryland School of Medicine. Dr. Siegel has had experience in many different clinical settings, but since 1987 has most enjoyed private practice with child and young adult populations, particularly those with attention, mood, and anxiety problems. In his role at Goucher College, he is especially concerned that students understand their emotional health needs and integrate a variety of treatment approaches into their lives of increasing self-reliance.
Qualifications: RN, BSN, CRNP
- Undergraduate: BSN from University of Maryland School of Nursing, Baltimore, MD 1971
- Advanced education: Nurse Practitioner Diploma Program, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD 1979
- Certification: Certified Registered Adult Nurse Practitioner by the American Nurses Credentialing Committee, Maryland Board of Nursing
- Nurse Practitioner Work Experience: Primary Care Clinic, University Hospital, Baltimore, MD: UMAB student health services, Baltimore, MD; Primary Care Associates, Towson, MD; Towson University Student Health Center; Goucher College Student Health Services
Qualifications: RN, MS, CFNP
- Undergraduate: BSN from Georgetown University, Washington, D.C.
- Advanced Education: MSN with concentration as Family Nurse Practitioner, Georgetown University, Washington, D.C.
- Certifications: Certified Family Nurse Practitioner by ANCC, 2000-2015; Sigma Theta Tau, International Nursing, 1997.
- Nurse Practitioner Work Experience: Occupational Health at Union Memorial Hospital since October, 2004 -