Policy on Immunizations
Goucher College has developed the following pre-entrance immunization requirements, based on recommendations of the American College Health Association, the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices of the Center for Disease Control and the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene. The student's immunization form is due prior to registration.
1. Immunizations required of all undergraduate, Goucher II and graduate students taking nine or more credits, as well as students in the post-baccalaureate premed program:
- Two doses of MMR vaccine (Measles, Mumps, Rubella combined)
- Antibody blood titer tests will be accepted as proof of immunity in lieu of the above vaccinations.
- One Tetanus Diphtheria booster (Td) within the past ten years or Tdap;
- PPD skin test for tuberculosis: required within two years of admission;
- Chest X-ray (if history of positive PPD)
2. Immunizations required of all undergraduate students residing in residence halls
Maryland state law requires every student who resides in the on-campus residence halls to be vaccinated against meningococcal disease or to decline this requirement by submitting a written waiver stating that he or she has received the information and has chosen not to be vaccinated against the disease.
3. Immunizations recommended (not required) for all students
- Three doses of Hepatitis B Vaccine
- Two doses of Hepatitis A Vaccine
- Varicella antibody titers (if no history of having chicken pox). If varicella titers are negative, we recommend the varicella vaccine
- Three doses of Human Papillomavirus vaccine
See also: Immunization Form