Check-In for Fall Orientation
We are happy to welcome you to the 2017-18 school year! Please be sure to review the information below about checking in for Fall Orientation.
Check-in is the first step, located in Dorsey Center Courtyard. Students will pick up an Orientation booklet, resolve any medical or billing holds, pick up their OneCard, complete a vehicle dashboard card that will aid in moving into their residence, and swipe their OneCard to officially check-in.
- International students should plan to participate in international student orientation beginning on the evening of Tuesday, August 15, 2017. Please contact Karen Sykes with questions. International students will also need to check-in at the Dorsey Center on Saturday, August 19.
- Student-athletes participating in a fall sport should plan to check in on Thursday, August 17, 2017 between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Please contact your coach for more information. Student-athletes will also need to check-in at the Dorsey Center on Saturday, August 19.
- All other new students, both first-years and transfers, should plan to arrive at the Dorsey Center Courtyard for check-in on Saturday, August 19, 2017. Arrival times are delineated by house assignment, so please check the schedule below for both your residence hall and house. You are welcome to check in at any time after your scheduled time and before 3 p.m. We ask that you please wait to arrive until (or after) your assigned time to minimize the length of your move-in process. While we work hard to expedite the move-in process, please be prepared to wait for your car to be unloaded. The check-in times are as follows:
9 a.m. 4th floor of Pagliaro Selz Hall, Probst House, Sondheim House, Welsh Hall
10:30 a.m. 2nd floor of Pagliaro Selz Hall, Alcock House, Winslow House
Noon 3rd floor of Pagliaro Selz Hall, Gallagher House
1 p.m. Commuters
If you plan to shop at the nearby stores and need to unload a second time, please arrive after 1:30 p.m. to avoid wait time and allow others in the 12 p.m. time block to unload.
Your Check-In To-Do List:
- Complete the dashboard card with your residence hall assignment, name, and phone number. This will help move-in staff identify your residence and get you to the correct location. If you have multiple vehicles, please have a completed dashboard card for each vehicle.
- Complete the Emergency Notification and Vehicle Registration form. Completing this form will allow you to bypass that step at check-in and move you through the line quicker. This was also in an email you received on July 19; no need to fill out the form again if you already completed it.
- Send in your selfie to firstname.lastname@example.org; in the subject line please include your student ID number starting with the two zeros (00#######). Sending in a qualified selfie will ensure that your OneCard is ready for pick up and will allow you to bypass the process to obtaining one.
Fall Orientation will run from the evening of Saturday, August 19 through Tuesday, August 22. Orientation for students will begin at 3:30 p.m. and is mandatory for all new students. A concurrent Family Orientation will also begin at 3:30 p.m. in Kraushaar Auditorium. A detailed schedule of orientation sessions will be given to students and families at check-in.
Schedule adjustment day will be on Wednesday, August 23 and classes begin on Thursday, August 24.
For questions or additional information, feel free to contact the Office of Student Engagement (410-337-6124) or email email@example.com.