Religious & Spiritual Life
Religious and Spiritual Life at Goucher includes:
- Fostering religious and spiritual exploration as an important component of an excellent liberal arts education
- Encouraging deep engagement with particular religious traditions
- Promoting multi-faith appreciation, dialogue, and learning
- Providing religious resources, pastoral care, and support to individuals and groups in our campus community
- Participating with various campus constituencies to raise social justice issues and work for positive social change.
Haebler Memorial Chapel , the Multifaith Prayer and Meditation Space (153 Conner, Stimson) Esther Ann Brown Adler Hillel Lounge (Stimson) are the primary locations for religious life at Goucher.
The chapel is open every day and evening (including weekends) for silence, solitude, and prayer. There are events scheduled in the Chapel (music, religious, other) as well.
Chaplain Cynthia Terry supports and oversees all aspects of religious and spiritual life at Goucher. Her office is located in the chapel basement.