Service & Assistance Animals

Goucher College recognizes the importance of service and assistance animals to individuals with disabilities and has established requirements and guidelines concerning the presence of such animals on campus.

Requests to keep a service or assistance animal in the residence halls should be addressed to the Office of Accessibility Services using the online accommodation form. In considering the request, the Director will consider the needs of the student as well as the impact of the animal on the campus community.

Students seeking to have a service or assistance animal in housing must submit a request for accommodation each academic year. Animals may not be in residence prior to approval by the Director.


Animal Policy (PDF)

Responsibility of Persons Living in the Residence Halls with Service or Assistance Animals (PDF)

Roommate Agreement - Assistance Animal (PDF)

Treating Provider Form for Assistance Animals (PDF)