The Parent Fund
By helping your son or daughter to select Goucher College, you have already made a special investment in your student's future. We hope that, as a parent, you will remain actively involved in your child's educational experience. And one of the best ways is to join the Parents Fund.
The Parent Fund is an annual drive for unrestricted gifts from parents of alumnae/i and current students. It assists students each and every day by opening doors to scholarships, expanding international opportunities, and supporting other core college programs.
Why is it important to contribute above and beyond tuition?
Goucher College relies on private support to prepare its students to live productive, responsible, and creative lives through a high-quality liberal arts education. Tuition covers only about 60 percent of the cost of a Goucher education. The remaining 40 percent of the money comes from endowment income and contributions from parents, alumnae/i, foundations, corporations, and friends of the college.
What do parent gifts accomplish?
Parent gifts are used for current expenditures supporting every aspect of campus life, providing scholarships and internship opportunities, updating laboratory and classroom equipment for today's changing world, and enhancing student activities and extracurricular programs.
What gift level is helpful?
Every gift, of any size, makes a difference. The Parent Fund is a collection of many gifts.
What are leadership gifts?
Those parents making leadership gifts of $1,250 or more will become members of the John Franklin and Mary Fisher Goucher Society, named for the college's founders. Membership in the Goucher Society affords parents a direct, personal connection to the Goucher campus, facilitated by the Parents Fund Committee and college staff, that includes expanded opportunities to meet other parents and alumnae/i.