Home > Career Development Office > For Students > Senior Year Survival Guide > Senior-year checklist for life after graduation
Senior-year checklist for life after graduation
- Visit the Career Development Office (CDO) to discuss and develop your post graduation plans.
- Update your résumé and bring it to CDO to have a staff member critique it and provide feedback.
- Pick up a free copy of Job Choices, a career development guide featuring articles on résumé writing, cover letters, and preparing for job interviews.
- Draft a cover letter that can be adapted for a variety of employers and have it critiqued at CDO.
- Attend the Searching to Succeed event in January to learn strategies to get your job search going.
- Attend the Hungry for Success event in March to gather valuable information from staff and recent alumnae/i on the transition from college into the real world.
- Attend Work the Net during Reunion Weekend to learn the art of networking and to connect with Goucher alumnae/i.
- Sign-up to follow the CDO on Facebook & Twitter to get the latest information on jobs and internships as well as upcoming events.
- Expand your professional network by signing up for the Goucher Professional Network (GPN) on LinkedIn.
- Register to use eRecruiting to locate job and internship opportunities.
- Develop an employer prospect list with contact names and addresses from organizations you are interested in pursuing. Research those employers using the Internet and literature from the organizations.
- Take advantage of local career and job fairs such as the Central Maryland College Career Fair in the spring semester. Check out the listing of other local job fairs on the CDO website.
- Consider a second internship to increase your marketability.
|< Staying Connected||Senior Handbook home >|