Summer Internship Awards
The CDO, along with other organizations on campus, offers a variety of awards to offset expenses for students completing internships during the summer. Our office provids awards to more than 40 students each year, and the Sarah T. Hughes Center for Field Politics and Office of International Studies also offered similar awards.
THE CDO IS NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR A SECOND ROUND OF FUNDING! APPLICATION DEADLINE: JUNE 14TH
Download the Summer Internship Awards Application
What awards are available?
The criteria for the awards are varied. Some awards are geared toward students pursuing internships in specific geographic areas, some toward students pursuing certain majors, and some toward students seeking internships in certain industries. To learn more about the awards that you are eligible for, please refer to the Summer Internship Award (SIA) application.
How are the winners selected?
The SIA Selection Committee competitively chooses the recipients. A higher emphasis is placed on:
* SIA applications that clearly match the award criteria
* Internships that are strongly connected to students academic and career goals
* Students who articulate the connection between their academic work and the learning that takes place in the internship
* Internships with a high level of responsibility
* Students with strong academic records in relevant coursework
* Sophomores or juniors
* Unpaid internships or paid internships that have unusually high expenses
Who can participate?
In order to apply for the SIA you must:
* Be a current Goucher College freshman, sophomore, or junior
* Have been offered an internship this summer that is unpaid or has a small stipend that will not cover cost of living expenses
* Be eligible to participate in an internship for credit
What does the application include?
The application requires you to:
1. Describe your internship
2. Provide a budget estimate
3. Write a short essay
4. Secure a faculty recommendation
Applying is well worth the effort - just think of the benefits!
Completed applications are due in the Career Development Office no later than 5:00 p.m. on June 14th.
Where can I get help locating an internship?
The CDO is here for you. You can search through our internship listings by clicking on the link to eRecruiting.com. Also, you can work one-on-one with someone at the CDO to find a site specific to your needs.