Goucher Intern Fellowship
The CDO offers the Goucher Intern Fellowship to aid students in offsetting expenses for completing internships during the summer. ***Due to changes in the curriculum, some details about the fellowship are being reviewed. Updates will be available in January 2018.
Who can participate?
In order to apply for the Goucher Intern Fellowship, you must:
- Be a current Goucher College freshman, sophomore, or junior
- Be eligible to participate in an internship for academic credit. Awardees will need to submit an ILA by the summer deadlines (Deadlines not yet set for Summer 2018)
How do I apply?
DEADLINE FOR SUMMER 2017 HAS PASSED
To complete your application for the Goucher Intern Fellowship for Summer 2017 please complete the following:
1. Secure an internship.
2. Review Goucher Intern Fellowship Information Sheet.
3. Complete online application (includes applicant and internship information, short answer questions, budget, and resume).
4. Request faculty recommendation to support application. Faculty must email letter to email@example.com (deadline not yet set for Summer 2018).
5. Print and sign Terms and Conditions and submit to Career Development Office (VM117) (deadline not yet set for Summer 2018).
Applying is well worth the effort - just think of the benefits!
Short answer questions to think about before you begin the application:
- List tasks, projects and/or responsibilities of internship.
- How will a Goucher Intern Fellowship assist you?
- How have you prepared for this internship? Include academic courses, extracurricular activities, previous internships, work experiences, and community service.
- How will the completion of your internship relate to your future career and/or academic plans?
Where can I get help locating an internship?
The CDO is here for you. You can search through our internship listings by visiting Goucher Recruit and the other resources listed above. Also, you can work one-on-one with someone at the CDO to develop a search strategy specific to your needs.
How are the winners selected?
The Goucher Intern Fellowship Selection Committee competitively chooses the recipients. A higher emphasis is placed on:
- Goucher Intern Fellowship applications that clearly match the award criteria
- Internships that are strongly connected to students academic and career goals
- Students who articulate the connection between their academic work and the learning that takes place in the internship
- Internships with a high level of responsibility
- Students with strong academic records in relevant coursework
- Current sophomores or juniors
- Unpaid internships or paid internships that have unusually high expenses