What resources does the CDO offer for my student?
The CDO offers a variety of ways for students to interact with our office.
- Advising sessions: Through individual appointments, walk-in hours, and resume advising hours, students can find multiple ways to meet in-person with a member of the CDO staff. A schedule of our availability, as well as an online appointment request form, is available at the "About the CDO" page.
- Events: The CDO sponsors a range of events throughout the academic year. From our annual Business Etiquette Dinner to networking lunches and educational seminars, the CDO offers an engaging array of interactive activities for students.
- Online workshops: Our on-demand workshops offer an introductory overview on topics such as resume writing, interviewing, and Goucher's academic internship program.
- Job and internships announcements: Through eRecruiting, an online database of job and internships announcements, Goucher students are able to search for employment opportunities in their areas of interest.
- Student employment: For students interested in on or off campus employment, the CDO offers listings of job opportunities throughtout the year. The CDO also coordinates the annual Campus Job Fair, held during schedule adjustment day before the start of fall semester.
- Library: The CDO's print library offers a wide range of resources students can use in their research.
- Social networking: We also maintain active profiles through Facebook (CDO-Goucher College), Twitter (CDOGoucher), and Pinterest (gouchercdo). Our Facebook page relays infromation regarding upcoming events and important deadlines for students. Through Twitter we advertise various jobs and internships that are posted through our office. We have added Pinterest as an additional resource filled with career related articles focusing on all areas of career development from internships and job searching to internview skills and attire.
Listed below are the five primary areas in which we advise Goucher students. Please feel free to click on any of these links to get more information- both in terms of CDO services and policies as well as various online resources for students.