In addition to the support and guidance the CDO provides to Goucher students, we offer specific services and resources for our faculty colleagues.
We are happy to offer classroom presentations on topics ranging from resume writing to career exploration and job search tips. To request a classroom presentation, please complete this form and return to the CDO. We will do our best to accommodate your request, but we ask for several weeks notice prior to your desired date.
Annual CDO events
The following CDO events are presented annually, and we welcome attendance from any faculty members who would like to learn more about our services.
- Campus Job Fair- Are you interested in hiring a Goucher student to work for your department? Offered at the beginning of fall semester, the Campus Job Fair provides a great opportunity to meet a large range of potential student employees. Contact the CDO over the summer to reserve a table.
- Senior Kickoff- Hosted at the beginning of fall semester, this social event at the President's House provides an opportunity to welcome back the new senior class.
- Business Etiquette Dinner- Presented by an outside facilitator, this dinner is typically held in November and provides a tremendous array of helpful tips on dining etiquette and professional networking.
- Searching to Succeed- The CDO's "job search boot camp" is available to seniors early in the spring semester to help them jump start their job search before graduation.
- Hungry for Success- This annual spring event brings together juniors and seniors to meet young alumnae/i from different professions who share their personal career journeys and offer advice to students.
Whether you have supervised dozens of internships or are serving as a faculty sponsor for the first time, the CDO is available as a resource for your questions. The CDO serves as the liaison between the internship site, student, faculty and Registrar for every academic internship. The CDO oversees the policies and standards set by Academic Policy Committee that all internships must abide by, as well as the paperwork (Internship Learning Agreements, or ILAs) and registration of internships.
If you have questions about helping your advisee navigate the process or how to deal with a specific issue a student intern is experiencing, the CDO can offer support and guidance. For additional insight into the process, please visit our "Information about Internships" page for faculty.
The CDO assists students in locating internships. If you have information about an internship that you'd like to share, please contact us!
If you have any questions about the internship program, contact Danielle Pellegrini at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We welcome referral or consultation calls from faculty and staff who are working with students struggling to select a major or career. We also appreciate faculty referring employers to our office. Please give us a call (410-337-6191) if you would like to discuss a situation, or refer a student or employer to our office.