Helping You...Help Students
As a faculty member, you play a critical role in the lives of our students. Students come to you with all types of questions including:
How do I choose a major?
What are my career options?
How do I begin the process of applying to graduate school?
How do I find an internship?
How do I look for a job once I graduate?
How do I write a resume or cover letter?
How do I prepare for an interview?
If you find yourself contemplating the best way to advise students on these questions, the CDO can help. We complement academic advising by providing information, services and resources that can assist students in finding the information they need to answer these and other career related questions.
Visit the following "quick tip" pages for faculty:
- What services does the CDO provide for students?
- How can the CDO help faculty?
- Information about internships
- Where do Goucher students complete internships for academic credit?
This document provides a listing of sites where students have completed academic internships since fall 2002. The list can be viewed by major, state, and employer name.
- Important dates for faculty
Provides information on dates pertaining to the internship program (such as when grades are due to SAS).
- Connect with the CDO
We welcome referrals from faculty and staff. Please visit this page to learn the best ways for faculty to connect with the CDO.
- Join the Goucher Professional Network (GPN) on LinkedIn. Visit the GPN webpage for information on the network and how to create LinkedIn profile.
- Latest edition of Faculty News from the CDO
If you have any other questions or are interested in discussing opportunities for collaboration, please contact Traci Martin, director of career development, at x6191.