A complete transfer student application includes:
1. Application Form
2. Supplemental Materials (Required)
- $55 application fee or waiver
- essay portion of the application
- official college transcript(s) from all colleges attended
- recommendation letter from a teacher, professor (English, math, science, foreign language or social studies), former teacher, or work supervisor
- official high school transcript (for applicants applying with fewer than 30 attempted credits)
Goucher has adopted a test-optional program, where submitting scores for the SAT Reasoning Test and ACT with writing is optional when applying for admission. You must indicate on the application supplement your preference for use of test scores in determining admission.
Although you may elect not to submit scores as part of the process of determining admission, please know that all admitted applicants who matriculate must furnish test scores for research and advising purposes.
Deadlines for Transfer Applications
- Fall Semester Admission
- Application + supporting materials May 1 priority deadline
- Application + supporting materials July 1 regular deadline
- Notification on a rolling basis
- Candidate reply date indicated on Declaration of Intent
- Spring Semester Admission
- Application + supporting materials due December 1 for priority consideration
- Notification on a rolling basis
- Candidate reply due two weeks after notification of admission
Credit Evaluation and Transfer
A preliminary credit evaluation will be included with all admissions packets. Once you are admitted to Goucher, your transcripts will be forwarded to the Registrar for a final credit evaluation. The credit evaluation process will not take place until the Admissions Office makes a final decision on your file. The maximum number of credits a student can transfer to Goucher College is 60. All undergraduates are required to complete at least 120 credits to graduate and your final 60 credits must be completed while matriculating at Goucher.
For students transferring from a college within Maryland, you may use ARTSYS to approximate how many credits will transfer to Goucher. This is not final until after the official credit evaluation by the Goucher Registrar.
Goucher generally accepts credits for courses that are taken at the 100 level or higher and can logically be placed into the Goucher curriculum. Students must earn a C- or higher for us to consider credit transfer. Examples of credits that would not transfer include those for remedial courses listed below the 100 level and courses from programs that Goucher does not offer, such as criminal justice.
As a transfer student, you can apply for financial aid. This consists of grants, loans, and federal work-study. To be considered for financial aid, we recommend that you submit the FAFSA for federal and state aid consideration and the College Scholarship Service (CSS) Profile for institutional aid consideration. Please note that if a student only wishes to be considered for federal aid, they do not have to complete the CSS Profile.
All transfer students with a complete application will be considered for merit scholarships of up to $15,000 per year. To be in strong consideration for a scholarship, an applicant should carry a cumulative college GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Application File Reactivation
Previous applicants who wish to reactivate their admissions file must do so within two years. This request must be made by submitting an email to email@example.com. Students who submit a letter by May 1 will be considered for the following fall semester.