Home school students must be associated with a homeschool-accredited curriculum, or they must provide formal documentation upon completion of a home school program approved by the state or local board of education, or be on track to earn a GED. Admissions essays are also important, and personal qualities, special talents, and extracurricular and employment activities are also considered in the admissions process.
A complete home school student application includes:
1. Application Form (Choose One)
2. Supplemental Materials (Required)
- $55 application fee or waiver
- (Universal College Application Only) Home School Transcript, including a description of the educational program, a listing of courses taken, as well as grades and/or progress reports from ninth grade onward.
- (Common Application Only) School Report Form-Home School Supervisors are asked to submit requested information found on page 2 of the School Report Form.
- Two letters of recommendation, acceptable from teachers, employers, coaches, or community service leaders who are not immediate family members.
- essay portion of the application form you choose
An on-campus admissions interview is recommended, but not required.
In addition to confirming a student's continued success throughout the last year of secondary school, a final transcript is required for students who want to be considered for federal financial aid. For home school students without a final transcript from an accredited curriculum, we expect formal documentation indicating completion of a home school curriculum approved by the state or local board of education, or a GED.
Goucher has adopted a test-optional program, where submitting scores for the SAT Reasoning Test and ACT with writing is optional when applying for admission. You must indicate on the application supplement your preference for use of test scores in determining admission.
Although you may elect not to submit scores as part of the process of determining admission, please know that all admitted applicants who matriculate must furnish test scores for research and advising purposes.
Deadlines for Home School Applications
If you have identified Goucher College as your top choice, you should consider Early Decision. This is a binding admissions option, meaning that students who are admitted under this plan are required to withdraw all other college applications and are expected to enroll at Goucher.
- Application + supporting materials due November 15
- Notification mails December 15
- Candidate deposit due January 15
If Goucher is one of your top choices, you should consider Early Action, a non-binding entrance plan.
- Application + supporting materials due December 1
- Notification mails February 1
- Candidate reply due by May 1
- Application + supporting materials due February 1
- Notification mails by April 1
- Candidate reply due May 1