Tuition and Fees
Goucher's Student Billing Office posts a schedule of tuition, fees, room, and board with current cost information that is based on course loads and meal plan selections as of the last day of the add/drop period each semester. Students also should budget for costs associated with transportation, buying books, and miscellaneous expenses. Modest annual increases may be expected.
- A normal course load is 15 credit hours per semester and 30 credit hours per academic year.
- A student enrolled for 12 or more credits per semester has full-time status.*
- A student enrolled for more than 18 credits during a semester will be charged the part-time rate for each additional credit.
- A student enrolled in fewer than 12 credit hours per semester is considered part time. Billing is issued on a per-credit charge to part-time students.
- Half-time status is an enrollment of six credit hours per semester.
*Full-time students are charged the Health and Counseling fee and Student Activity fee annually, even if enrolled only for the fall or spring semester.
Semester room changes are based on room assignments as of September 30 (fall semester) and February 28 (spring semester). A student may not register for classes, participate in room draw or Commencement, or receive a transcript or diploma unless all college bills matters have been settled.
The charge for room and board applies only to the fall and spring semesters, excluding the recess period at Thanksgiving and winter and summer break. All residents are charged an annual $175 damage deposit, which is credited back to student tuition accounts in June (or January if the student leaves after the fall semester). Any hall and/or room damage charges are also assessed at that time.