Requirements for a major in women's studies include:
- WS 100 – Confronting Inequality: Women, Gender, and Sexuality in Contemporary American Society (3 Cr.) and WS 150 – Women’s Experiences in Global Perspectives (3 Cr.)
- Two 300-level courses in Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies or related areas, one of which must be WS 300 or WS 320
- One 300-level internship, in consultation with the department.
- Five other upper-level Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies courses, which may be at the 200 or 300 level
- Four 200- or 300-level elective courses in related areas in academic disciplines of particular interest to students
Students may demonstrate writing proficiency in the major by taking WS 205/ PCE 205 – Maintaining the Status Quo: Power and Privilege in the United States (4 Cr.). A variety of opportunities for internships specifically related to women’s studies are available for students.