Home > Academics > Office of the Provost > Student Learning Goals and Outcomes > Curriculum Maps > Peace Studies
Bachelor of Arts - Peace Studies
General Education / Liberal Education Requirements (College Goals)
- Students must demonstrate proficiency in written communication.
- Students must demonstrate proficiency in a foreign language through the intermediate level.
- Students must become informed global citizens and gain intercultural awareness through a study abroad experience.
- Students must become acquainted with different ages, societies, and cultures and learn how to use a variety of historical sources.
- Students must be able to reason abstractly and appreciate the elegance of abstract structure.
- Students must understand the methods of scientific discovery and experimental design.
- Students must acquire problem-solving and research capability by identifying, locating, evaluating, and effectively using information.
- Students must be able to analyze and understand the creative process, assimilate experience, and communicate it.
- Students must be able to interpret words, images, objects, and/or actions that are expressions of human culture.
- Students must understand the complex nature of social structures and/or human relationships that involve issues of inequality and difference.
- Students must explore ecological, policy, social, cultural, and/or historical dimensions of human relationship to the environment.