Curriculum Map (Draft)
|Electives||Interpretive Planning and Project Management||Yes||Yes|
|Community, Events, and Expressive Culture||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Exhibits: The Politics, Poetics, and Practice of (Re)presentation||Yes||Yes|
|Community and Economic Development||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Advocacy, activism, and social justice||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Advanced Cultural Documentation and archival management||Yes||Yes|
|Social Networks and New Media||Yes|
|Fund raising and grant writing||Yes|
Program Goals (Draft)
- Plan, undertake, and organize cultural documentation field projects using data collection, writing, photography, video, and sound recording.
- Train community members in cultural documentation.
- Devise and implement cultural programs including exhibitions, performances, workshops, media productions, websites, festivals and other initiatives identified through community consultation.
- Identify and develop appropriate forums and partnerships to foster community self determination and leadership.
- Manage budgets and program costs.
- Work effectively as a creator or valued leader of a cultural organization.
- Identify and secure public and philanthropic funding for projects and organizational sustainability.
- Manage the communication needs of cultural sustainability initiatives, including working with the media and community participants.
- Graduates will also gain an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge of contemporary issues pertaining to cultural sustainability in the relevant related fields.
- Identify and cultivate a relevant community of practice.
- Organize and build community.
- Work with communities to plan and implement revenue generating activities and products.