The Dance Program is very excited about the varied curriculum and many opportunities that it will be able to offer you should you choose Goucher College. Whether a dance major or not, all admitted students may take any dance course appropriate for their level. Admitted students may audition for scholarship consideration.
To be considered for an audition, students are required to submit an application for admission and a complete Scholarship in the Arts application by December 1, 2017.
Auditions for the 2017/2018 academic year will take place in late February or early March 2018. The audition offers admitted students the opportunity to observe our program and for our faculty to evaluate students for scholarship consideration.
Selected students will receive an e-mail from the Dance Program confirming audition information in mid-February.
Sample Audition Schedule (Subject to Change)
- Check in, conversation with dance majors
- Meet with Chair and Dance faculty
- Ballet class - all dancers have the option of taking class en pointe.
- For parents - coffee and information session with admissions representative
- Modern class
- Lunch break
- Individual interview and performance of solo, not to exceed 1.5 minutes.
- Other afternoon activities TBA