Each year, the Dance Department offers a pre-semester program in August for any registered Goucher students interested in dance at Goucher College. The early arrival program provides a venue for all students with prior dance experience to train intensively with Goucher faculty and guest artists before the start of the academic year. The program provides a wonderful opportunity for new students to meet current students and department professors, to settle into their residence hall, and to get adjusted to the college campus without the demands of a full academic schedule. The program consists of classes in ballet, pointe, modern, and jazz techniques, as well as workshops and lectures in various topics.
7 Great Reasons Why You Should Participate in the Early Arrival Dance Program
1. Fantastic Classes with Goucher Faculty, Alums, and Guest Artists
2. Audition for and take classes with our first 2015/16 Residency Guest Artist
3. Exciting and Informative Workshops and Seminars
4. Meet or Reconnect with Faculty and Fellow Dancers
5. Re-Condition after Summer Break
6. Open Studio Space to Workshop Creative Ideas
7. Forums to Share Summer and Abroad Experiences
2015 REGISTRATION WILL OPEN JUNE 1st! Check back later for detailed information and registration.