Miriam Katowitz (’73) Chair in Management and Accounting
B.S. (Business Administration), Georgetown University, 1985
M.S. (Management, Industrial Relations and Human Resource Management), University of Oxford, St. Anne's College, 1986 Thesis: Fighting Racial Discrimination in the Recruitment Process: The Formalization of Procedures in Leicestershire's Local Authority'
Ph.D. (Management), University of Oxford, Templeton College, 1996 Thesis: 'The Role of Met Expectations in Acquisition Implementation'
Areas of Scholarly Expertise and Interest
Justice Theories, Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Alliances
- Hubbard, Nancy. Strategy Snack: 'Why are the innovation masters not from the developed world, but the emerging world?' Strategic Management Bureau. 18 March 2013.
- Hubbard, Nancy. Conquering Global Markets: Secrets from the World's Most Successful Multinationals. Basingstoke, England: Palgrave. 4 April 2013. 228 pp.
- Hubbard, Nancy. 'Conquering Global Markets: Secrets from the World's Most Successful Multinationals, A Synopsis'. London: KPMG Consulting. 14 May 2013.
- Hubbard, Nancy. 'Conquering Worldwide Markets through M&A'. Financial News. 7 May 2013.
- Hubbard, Nancy. 'How Do Companies Go Global: Choices and Issues between Entry Strategies, SSRN. 19 May 2013. Top ten most downloaded paper in the following eJournals:
- Firm Behavior
- International Corporate Finance
- Production and Operations Management Network
- International Trade
- Sustainability and Economics
- Empirical Studies of Firms and Markets
- Urban and Transnational Anthropology
- Organizations and Markets: Decision Making in Organizations
- International Politics, Economics: Globalization
- Globalization and Nationalization
- Nancy Hubbard, 欧米・新興国・日本16ヵ国50社の グローバル市場参入戦略: M&A、提携・合弁、グリーンフィールド投資が成功する秘密 [単行本] (translation of Conquering Global Markets into Japanese with new cases and material). Tokyo: Toyo Keizai, November 2013.
- Hubbard, Nancy. 'Teaching Managing Sustainability to Non-business Undergraduates: An Exploration in Fluidity Teaching.' International Journal for Innovation Education and Research. 2014. Vol. 20. No. 3.
- "Current Trends in Successful International Mergers and Acquisitions. "in Baker, K. and Ricciardi, V. (Eds). Financial Behavior - Players, Services, Products, and Markets. Oxford University Press, forthcoming, 2016.
Recent and selected presentations:
· "The Trials and Exhilarations of Teaching Managing Sustainability without a Textbook". International Conference of Education Research and Innovation. Madrid, Spain. 16th November 2010.
· "Global Expansion through M&A and its Alternatives". Institut d'Administration des Entreprises (IAE) d'Aix-en-Provence. Presentation to MBA and MSc students. Puyricard, France. 30th March to 2nd April 2011.
· "The Opportunities and Challenges of Teaching Managing Sustainability without a Textbook". Annual Conference on the State of Higher Education, American Association of University Professors, Washington, DC. 11th June 2011.
· "Globalization in the New Millennia: Initial Research Findings". KPMG's Chief Executive Forum (45 CEOs/Heads of Strategy by invitation only). London, UK. 18th May 2011.
· "Corporate Opportunities in Managing Sustainability". Institut d'Administration des Enterprises (IAE) d'Aix-en-Provence. Presentation to MBA and MSc students. Puyricard, France. 9th to 11th March 2012.
· "Going Global: Issues and Challenges of Internationalization". Skolkovo Business School. Presented to Rosatom Senior Management. Moscow, Russia. 27th and 28th November 2012.
· "Conquering Global Markets: Secrets from the World's Most Successful Multinationals". Webinar to the Association of MBAs. 29th March 2013. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4U9xtABYCk
· "A Conversation and Q&A with Nancy Hubbard and Dean Romanelli". Georgetown University 2nd World Forum, McDonough Business School. London, UK. Keynote speaker. 17th April, 2013.
· "Innovation and Creativity: Learning from Emerging Market Multinationals". NYC Capstone Forum of Oxford's Innovation & Entrepreneurship Series, Oxford University Business Alumni. New York. Keynote speaker. 4th June 2013.
· "Why Should European Companies Take Note of Emerging Market Global Expansion?" Introduction and rebuttal by Sir Roger Carr, outgoing President of the Confederation of British Industry and Governor of the Bank of England. M&A Roundtable: Hosted by KPMG Consulting. London, UK. Keynote speaker. 18th June 2013.
· "Managing Innovation across Borders: Learning from Emerging Market Competitors." 3rd Annual European Change Forum Conference. IAE Aix Graduate School of Management d'Aix-en-Provence, Puyricard, France. Speaker and workshop leader. June 21st 2013.
· "Mapping Your Career". Inaugural Undergraduate Women in Business Conference Going Global: Women's Economic Leadership in the 21st Century, Georgetown University, Washington, DC. Leadership Panel. 25th October 2013.
· "The New Frontiers of M&A". Strategy 50 Conference, New York. 13th November 2013.
· "Findings from Conquering Global Markets Research". KPMG Conference, New York. Keynote speech. 13th January 2014.
· "Conquering Global Markets: Secrets of Japan's Most Successful Multinationals." KPMG Leadership Conference, New York. Presentation to 40 Japanese executives on the research findings with implications for acquiring and expansion in the US. 4th June 2014.
· "Acquisitions and Entering New Markets: Best Practices and Latest Research". Presentation to Zarubezhneft, SKOLKOVO faculty and students. Moscow. 20 May 2015.
· "Investing in Emerging Markets-Learning from Multinationals". Radio interview on Investing with Gavin Graham. Voice American Business Channel. 29th May 2013.
· "Investing in Africa-Learning from Multinationals". Radio interview on Investing with Gavin Graham. Voice America Business Channel. 26th June 2013.
· "Brazil versus Mexico-Why Mexico is Winning Investors". Radio interview on Investing with Gavin Graham. Voice America Business Channel. 11th December 2013.
· "Conquering Global Markets: Secrets of the World's and Japan's Most Successful Multinationals." Webinar sponsored by KPMG, New York. Webinar to Japanese executives in the US and Japan on the research findings, global expansion and implications for expansion in the US. 5th June 2014.
· "Conquering Global Markets" Short for KPMG offices worldwide. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0H_b4sBdDg
Associate Fellow, Oxford University, Green Templeton College (England)
International Professor, IAE/Paul Cezanne University (France)