Courses required for the minor include:
- ARH 103 - Introduction to the History of Art (4) (formerly ART 103)
- One 200-level art history course treating a period before 1800 (ART 266, ART 275, ART 279 or ART 288)
- ARH 281 - Modern Art, 1880-1914 (4) (formerly ART 281)
- One 100- or 200-level course in studio art
- Two additional 200- or 300-level courses in art history.
Students may take no more than three courses (9-12 credits) counting toward the art history minor at institutions other than Goucher (not including courses taken during Goucher-approved study abroad).
Art History Minor Checklist
Review the Art History Minor Checklist (PDF) with your academic advisor to ensure that you are taking the necessary courses and credits to graduate. If you have any questions, please contact your advisor or visit the Academic Advising website for more information.