Courses required for the minor include:
- ARH 103 - Introduction to the History of Art (4) (formerly ART 103)
- One 200-level art history course treating a period before 1800 (ART 266, ART 275, ART 279 or ART 288)
- ARH 281 - Modern Art, 1880-1914 (4) (formerly ART 281)
- One 100- or 200-level course in studio art
- Two additional 200- or 300-level courses in art history.
Students may take no more than three courses (9-12 credits) counting toward the art history minor at institutions other than Goucher (not including courses taken during Goucher-approved study abroad).