Welcome to the Pilates Center at Goucher College. Our mission is to preserve Joseph Pilates' unique system of body conditioning and to assure our clientele of a safe workout by reputable and well-trained instructors certified through the True Pilates New York and Romana's Pilates. Several instructors are also members in good standing of the Pilates Guild®, The Pilates Method Alliance, and The American Council for Exercise.
We are located in Baltimore, Maryland and our fully equipped studios feature Gratz equipment. During October 2011 The Pilates Center at Goucher was featured on the Gratz Pilates Equipment Website.
Please note: The Pilates Center at Goucher College is NOT a training facility. We can offer private lessons to those who are interested in getting certified and help to prepare them for the initial assessment required to begin the Romana's Pilates Certification Program in NYC.
Location and Parking
The Pilates Center is located on the campus of Goucher College in the Sports and Recreation Center in Lillian Welsh Hall. Mat classes take place in room 162, and the apparatus studio is located in room 102.
Please follow the campus parking rules:
- Park in the VISITOR spaces next to the Sports and Recreation Center.
- The smallest lot next to the tennis courts is reserved for faculty and staff only.
- If you have a handicap sticker, you may park in the designated parking spaces next to the tennis courts, or in front of the building next to the visitor's lot.
- Overflow parking is available in the upper SRC lot, next to Goucher's Stadium. Please do not park along the Loop Road nor on the grass.
- If you receive a parking ticket, please call the Security Office: 410-337-6112.